Here's a few choice folk art sculptures (and one great little painting) that were sold this weekend. Prices don't include 15-22.5% buyer's premium, so add that to the totals.
1. 19th century Clown with Horse Playing a Fiddle. Unsigned. Oil on small pine panel, 6 x 8 3/4 in., unframed. Condition: Scattered paint losses. $ 500.00
2. Carved and Painted Wooden Soldier Whirligig, Bucks County, Pennsylvania, 19th century, accented with brass tacks, mounted on a later wood plinth, (wear), ht. 20 1/2 in. $ 650.00
3. Carved and Painted Wooden Hessian Soldier Whirligig, America, 19th century, including stand, ht. 27 in. $ 1,700.00
4. Folk Art "Paul Revere" Doll, Vermont, c. 1913, signed, titled, and dated on the doll's chest and back "Paul Revere/Made by Mrs. H.A. Foster, Stowe, Vt. '13," (losses to boots), ht. 16 in. $ 200.00
5. Polychrome Painted Carved Wooden Indian Tobacconist Figure, America, late 19th century, painted pine base on casters, (imperfections), total ht. 53 in. $ 4,500.00