Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Circa 1930 Architectural Model of a Detroit House




An exact replica made around 1930 of a traditional Detroit home. Lap wood siding, swing out glass and wood windows, wood shingled roof, extended porch with simulated brick columns carved out of wood with rails and sides and turned wood columns. 27" H x 24" W x 46" D. This was a model for the first house in the first subdivision on 8 Mile Rd. in Detroit.

Available in the upcoming auction at Midwest Auction Galleries.

Update: Sold for $1100.00 (w/o premium)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

any idea if the actual house still stands?

Joey said...

Gosh, I have no idea, but how cool would that be if it did? Would be great to get a shot of it.

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

That is a wonderful house, I wish we could also look inside.

Anonymous said...

Can I use this image for a book jacket?

Joey said...

Unfortunately, I don't own the house or the image, so I can't give permission.

Unknown said...

I have an architectural model similar to this only from the 1950's. Inside is very detailed. I have been searching for information about it but cannot find anything online. Could you refer me to someplace I could learn more about it? I can send pictures if interested.